Tuesday, March 29, 2011

In Search Of: Dystopia. Big Bad Collars.

for more pictures and the story of this photo shoot:

When you live in the desert, the thought comes to your mind often.
It is a another thing to make it real.

My buddy Gail let me play with her camera talents one day when I got to drag her (AND SEVERAL SQUIRMING CHILDREN) on one of my wild goose chases. (BUT ONLY IF I PROMISED TO NOT PASSENGER SEAT DRIVE SO MUCH THIS TIME) I was determined to find a dead sea.
(I ALSO WANTED TO SEE IF I COULD MAKE A TEA KETTLE BOIL ON THE DESERT SAND...)

And we did. 

(JUST DON'T TELL GAIL'S HUSBAND JUST HOW "ALL TERRAIN" THE MINI VAN IS.)

I honestly can say I have hiked every corner of this state.  Deuce (MY as he would say "long suffering" HUSBAND) and I have been to every ghost town.  

Dark on the Wilcox Playa was one of the creepiest places I have ever been.

(OH AND GAIL FORGOT TO MENTION "STAY NORTH OF THE TRAIN TRACKS TO AVOID THE LIVE AMMUNITION" FROM THE AIR FORCE TRAINING IN WWII)
  




No comments:

Post a Comment